Income Relief Payment
You can apply for the Income Relief Payment up until Friday 30 October 2020.
To apply, you need to have:
- lost your last job or self-employment from 1 March 2020 to 30 October 2020 (inclusive) because of the impacts of COVID-19
- normally worked 15 hours or more a week (for 12 weeks or more) before you lost your work because of COVID-19
- were normally living in New Zealand when you lost your job.
The Income Relief Payment is paid for up to 12 weeks while you don't have a job.
If you're eligible for the payment, you can get:
- $490 per week if you were previously working 30 hours or more a week
- $250 per week if you were previously working 15 hours to 29 hours a week.
You don't need to pay tax on this payment.
While you’re getting the Income Relief Payment, you may also be able to get help with some of your living costs or urgent costs. It depends on your situation and income.
Click here to apply for the Income Relief Payment. If you are in a relationship, you may be eligible to receive the Income Relief Payment so long as your partner earns under $2000 per week before tax.
If you need any assistance in filling out this form, or have any pātai, call our business advisors 0800 4 POUTAMA (0800 4 76 88 262).
NZ Māori Tourism.