Covid-19 Protection Framework Safety System
Oshbox has developed a Covid-19 Protection Framework Safety System for Māori tourism operators.
As the country moves to the new Covid Protection Framework (Traffic Light System), and gears towards opening the borders, it is imperative that you are prepared.
These Safety Systems will support you to confidently operate under the Covid Protection Framework, and continue to keep your manuhiri, kaimahi, whānau and community safe.
The Covid-19 Protection Framework Safety System has the tools you will need to:
- Assess risks and protect your business through each setting (Red, Orange, Green)
- Navigate the use of vaccination certificates for contractors and employees
- Follow protocols and keep records
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders
The information within this document is as up to date as possible (as at midday 23/11/21), however it is subject to change. We will advise of changes as more information is released.
The Covid-19 Protection Framework Safety System includes the following:
You can download all of the attachments from Dropbox by clicking here.
Protection Framework Policy – this replaces the existing Pandemic Policy. (doc. 1.18MB)
- Protection Framework Risk Assessment – This covers all three levels of the framework in one document. There are two versions of this, one for the use of vaccination certs, and one for no vaccination certs. (doc. 1.19MB)
- Re-Induction Form – this form covers all the changes that workers need to be aware of when moving to the Protection Framework. (doc. 1.19MB)
- Toolbox Agenda – this is a guide on what to cover with all workers in a health and safety meeting, prior to operating in the new Protection Framework. (doc. 1.19MB)
- Employment Application – this has been introduced for those requiring vaccination certs, to use when hiring new Employees (requires them to provide evidence). (doc 1.18MB)
- Contractor Application – This has been updated from the ‘level 1-4’ framework and has two options now (use of vaccination certs, and no vaccination cert) (doc. 1.19MB)
- Health Check – this is a health declaration form that can be used for all workers (including Contractors) onsite – some of this info can also be included in external comms for customers. (doc. 1.17MB)
- Incident Exposure Report – OSHbox have introduced an incident form for any Covid-19 related incidents, infections or exposure events (doc. 1.18MB)
- Vaccination Risk Assessment – this is a self-assessment form that can be used with your team to assess requirements for vaccinations within roles in the workplace (Instructions are also included) (doc. 1.19MB)
- Cleaning checklist (doc. 1.38MB)
- Manual contact trace register instructions and form (pdf. 376KB & doc. 1.38MB)
- External Communication – guidance for communicating to manuhiri, customers, clients and the community. (doc. 1.18MB)
We encourage you to use this Safety System with confidence, if you have any pātai or require support to fill in the risk assessments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2 December 2021: At 11.59pm, all of Aotearoa will move to the traffic light system. Tāmaki Makaurau will move to Red. Settings for the rest of Aotearoa are yet to be decided on.
15 December 2021: People travelling out of Tāmaki Makaurau will need to be fully vaccinated, or have a negative test 72 hours prior to departing Tāmaki Makaurau. This requirement will remain in place during the core summer period, until 17 January 2022.
Other useful resources: