Applications for the Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) will open in myIR on Thursday 1 July at 8am, as a result of the Wellington region being placed in Alert Level 2 on Wednesday 23 June.
The RSP can be applied by businesses, organisations or sole traders nationwide who have been affected by the COVID-19 alert level increase to level 2 or higher.
You must have been in business for at least 6 months.
You can apply for the RSP if, over a seven-day period at the raised alert level, your businesses or organisation has experienced:
- at least a 30% drop in revenue, or,
- 30% decline in capital-raising ability
You must be able to compare the revenue drop with a typical 7-day revenue period in the 6 weeks prior to the increase from Alert Level 1.
If the business or organisation is part of a commonly owned group, each member of the group may be eligible for the RSP. Your business or organisation and the commonly owned group must:
- have both experienced at least a 30% decline in revenue
- use the same 7-day period at the increased alert level and the same 7-day comparison period when calculating the decrease in revenue.
Eligible businesses and organisations can apply to receive the lesser of:
- $1,500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent (FTE) employee, up to a maximum of 50 FTEs, or,
- four times (4x) the actual revenue decline experienced by the applicant.
To apply, you must provide:
- Your employee details
- Bank account details
- Revenue details for the 7-day elevated alert level period and the 7-day comparison period.
Applications will remain open for one month after the return to alert level 1.
Overview of support available at different alert levels
Check out business.govt.nz for a summary of the financial support available to help you, your business and employees in times of difficulty, to recover from the effects of COVID-19.
MSD: Support for businesses and staff
Ministry of Social Development (MSD) and NZ Māori Tourism have been working together to develop resources to understand what programmes are available to support both employers and employees through MSD. Read more.
How can MSD support your business?
How can MSD support employees?
NZ Māori Tourism.