The COVID-19 Resurgence Wage Subsidy (RWS) opened 21 August at 1pm.
The subsidy runs for 2-weeks from the day you submit your application, and will be paid at a flat rate of:
- $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week (full-time rate)
- $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week (part-time rate).
You can access the Resurgence Wage Subsidy by clicking here.
The RWS is available nationally to employers, including self-employed people, who are financially impacted by COVID-19 and changes to COVID alert levels.
You can access the RWS if you have had, or expect to have, a revenue drop of at least 40% for a 14-day period between 12 August to 10 September, compared to a similar period last year can get it.
The decline must be related to COVID-19.
The employee for which you receive the RWS must remain employed by you for the duration of the RWS (two weeks).
However, if you have applied for the first Wage Subsidy, Wage Subsidy Extension or Leave Support Scheme for your employee, you need to wait until those payments are finished before you can apply for the RWS.
For businesses operating less than a year, you must compare your revenue against a 14-day period that gives the best estimation of the revenue decline related to COVID-19.
All businesses must have taken active steps to mitigate the financial impact of COVID-19.
This could include:
- drawing from your cash reserves (as appropriate)
- activating your business continuity plan
- making an insurance claim
- proactively engaging with your bank
- seeking advice and support from:
- the Chamber of Commerce
- a relevant industry association
- the Regional Business Partner programme
Keep in mind, the Wage Subsidy Extensions applications close on 1 September and cover payment for employees for eight weeks.
You can still apply for the Wage Subsidy Extension if you haven’t applied for the Wage Subsidy for your employee before.