Tourism Export Council (TEC) has put together a Tourism Trade Checklist for Inbound Tour Operators (ITOs) to identify and access business compliant tourism operators.
You do not have to be a member of TEC to register.
The checklist allows operators to upload their trade relevant information (e.g. Public Liability certificates and COVID-Ready health protocols) to a directory, which is then accessed by ITOs.
This new platform aims to promote quality tourism operators who comply with New Zealand’s regulations and will become a critical asset for ITOs to demonstrate to their offshore agents/clients that Aotearoa is ready to welcome back international visitors for a safe travel experience.
Benefits for tourism operators
- Transparency of your business’ compliance clearly visible to ITOs
- Be recognised as a Safe Travel business operating safely within the NZ Government COVID-19 guidelines
- Stand out from the crowd and have your businesses listed on the Directory, accessed by ITOs anytime
- Efficiently store & update your business compliance information all in one place
- Save time during the contracting period by providing your checklist instead of filling out countless forms
Benefits for ITOs
- Find credible tourism operators to work with
- Check operator businesses
- integrity and compliance all in one place
- Access the industry's directory of Safe Travel businesses
- Eradicates tedious paper-based processes during contracting
This checklist is the same as TEC's previous Tourism trade Checklist, but with two extras:
- Cancellation Conditions
- COVID Readiness Programme
For support on the COVID-19 Readiness Plan, here are two suggestions:
You may wish to update your existing Health & Safety Plan (as a requirement to operate your business under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015) with COVID-19 protocols as per the following approved Ministry of Health tourism association guidelines: