In early August, NZ Māori Tourism is hosting workshops and sessions in Napier for Māori tourism experiences.
The draft programme is below:
Monday 6 August
Late morning - mihi whakatau
Lunch - networking and introductions
Early afternoon - Tourism 101 workshop for new and start-up Māori tourism experiences. Topics covered include pricing, distribution channels, marketing, etc.
Mid afternoon - hear from tourism organisations including NZ Māori Tourism, the Tourism Export Council (TEC), regional tourism organisations, and more.
Evening - networking dinner with guest speaker
Tuesday 7 August
Mid morning - Dragon's Den. Applications are open now. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their idea before a panel of Dragons to win support to bring their idea to fruition! More details and how to submit your application for the Dragon's Den can be found here.
The categories are:
1) Bring your idea to life - $10k (start-up)
2) Small Māori tourism business with a big idea - $10k (established business)
3) Innovate for success - $10k (open)
4) China New Zealand Year of Tourism 2019 - $10k (open) How will you leverage 2019 to promote Māori tourism?
5) Dragon's Award - $20k - all shortlisted candidates will be eligible for this award.
Evening - networking dinner and announcement of Dragon's Den winners
Participation in both days is complimentary for Māori tourism experiences, including both networking dinners.
Register your attendance now by replying to this email, or contact Amy directly - email@example.com or ph 04 474 4687.
Nā mātau ko Pania